Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need a Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?

If you bought or rented your property after 1 October 2008 you should have an EPC from the builder (for a new construction), seller or landlord when you bought or rented your property.

If you wish to apply for a Green Deal Initiative you will need an EPC to provide the advisor for review.


If you are not sure if you have an EPC for your property, please visit


Q. How much does an Energy Performance Certificate Cost?

Prices start from £50.00 for properties with 1-4 bedrooms.

If your property has more than 4 Bedrooms, please call us, complete enquiry form or send an email. 


Q. How long are Domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) valid?​

A Domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) is valid for 10 years from the date of the assessment. 

Q. How long does the energy assessment take?

This depends on the size of the property, the average appointment should last no longer than 45mins to 1 hour. 

Q. Do I need to be present at the property to complete the assessment?

It is not necessary for you to be present at the property for the assessment.  We are more than happy to collect keys from Estate Agents, Letting Agents or Third Parties to gain access to complete assessment.

Q. What areas of the property will be accessed to complete the assessment?

In order to complete the assessment accessed will be required to all rooms including the loft space, basement and garage (if present). We also need to review the electric and gas meters, and space heating system.

Q. Does the property need to achieve a minimum energy rating? 

If you are selling your domestic property, than there is NO minimum energy rating, just an obligation to provide certification.

New regulations from 1st April 2018 will require properties rented out in the private rented sector to achieve minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). It will be unlawful to rent a property below the E rating threshold unless provided with relevant exemption. 

Feed-in Tariffs (FITs) at the standard rate for Solar PV your property will need to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Rating of D or better. If your EPC is a band E, F or G you will need to carry out energy efficiency improvements before applying for the FITs or receive the lower rate of 7.1p/kWh for the lifetime of the tariff, currently 20 years.

Q. When will I receive my Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?

The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) will be sent to you by email within 24hrs of the assessment. Copies of the EPC can also be found on